Starfish Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a black brittle starfish that is 13" across from end of leg to end of leg and I need him out. Anybody have a good idea in getting him out? He seems to stay behind the rock. He locks down pretty good when I try and get him out. The local pet store was telling me the best thing to do is actually to cut his legs off. They will grow into starfish. I can't bring myself to do that. I tried putting some fish in a piece of 1 1/2" PVC hoping he would climb in. No such luck. I want to add some shrimp and have read that when the starfish get big they can be aggressive so my thought was get him out add shrimp and get a smaller starfish. Plus the LFS wants him for there display tank.

You need to wake your self up one night at 2 in morning and you will most likely see him out and about. Then sneak attack on him, by brittle used to always let me pick him up at night and dangle him around a little to scare my kids( he was still in the tank of course) It's not a serpent star is it?

the problem with that is I can't take him to the LFS till that evening so he would be in a busket till I got home.

No its not a serpent starfish its a brittle

Back
Top Bottom