sTARFISH LIKE THING?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
:roll: HI EVERYBODY. Hope someone can help me? I was looking in my aquarium this morning and i found something that i am not sure about, i have seen this small starfish shaped thing on the glass this morning. looking in my books i have seen that most or all of the starfish in the book have 5 legs and this little thing has 6, it is about 5mm in diametre. Is it ok or is it going to be a menace. please advise.

thanks terry

I agree. It's probably a species of Asterina star or very simular. It's not uncommon for them to have 6 legs or for them to be uneven. They reproduce by dropping limbs. I'd only be concerned if this tank has sps corals in it. If so, it warrants watching.

thanks for the quick reply, it does move about the tank and to me it just looks like a very small starfish, being new to marine keeping you here so many stories of things being introduced to aquariums that cause more harm than good. and i think ths has resently been introduced since buying some rock resently.

many thanks Terry

Back
Top Bottom