starfish munching coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowZz

Aquarium Advice Freak
what i originally thought was a nice glass hovering astaria star turned out to be a coral muncher. Came home from work and found him up on a closed leather cabbage. Well may he rest in peace

My leather on the right, i dont think hes happy
img_1093196_0_40b820cdad0e76bd22f601101caa9e80.jpg

Asterina stars are very opportunistic so I prefer to keep them out of a tank if possible.

Well its been a while and that Same leather looks the same as the pic above and has not opened, could it be dying?

I have hundreds of the asternias and they have not ever bothered my corals. I`ve heard the brown ones do but not the white one. Just my experience.

well i found him on the bottom of the leather a few days back so he was a bad one :(, the leather hasnt opened since and im afraid is bleaching. How can i remove this? just rip it off the rock and throw it away? if it comes to this

Your leather looks like it is shedding. Leathers do this to remove detitus from itself. It can take several days to do that.

What TC said. I have many cabbage leather corals in my tank also. I`m pretty sure TC is right.

Back
Top Bottom