starfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scandow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a chocolate chip starfish and for the last couple of days it has been on the side of the tank at the top where the water level. Is this normal or is the water lacking or too much in something? I'm not sure. I've been having a hard time find any info on this. Any help would be appreciated. Does it slow down, kind of go dormant or anything?for periods of time?? Where is the best place to find information like this, besides here?
Diana

I have an orange and a blue linkia that do the same thing I think that is the way they skim water to get food when they cant find any on the bottom or rockwork. Another good place to look for information is wetwebmedia.com there is all sorts of info there.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the other site, too. I was hoping there wasn't something wrong with the water levels. I'll try adding alittle more food, too.
Diana

oh no there is nothing wrong. CC stars and ones like them love to stick their feelers up at the top of the water.

hth
rosstifer

I'm glad to know this. Where I live I am on well water and had a problem with the copper in the water and getting it corrected.
Diana

Back
Top Bottom