Starfish Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyingL0

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my sand sifting stars is acting funny. All of my levels are zero, and the other starfish is doing fine.

Attachments

• dsc05542.jpg
    dsc05542.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 56
It could possibly be he's starving? If he isint target fed and he's eliminated all the food in your DSB he might just have nothing else to live on. I would give him a day see if its still the same than if so try target feeding him.

How and what would I target feed him?

Hes flattened out now and seems to be normal again, but if there is problem I certainly want to address it.

If he is acting normal again I wouldnt be too concerned. But like I said with a 47G tank unless it is quite established you will have problems in the future with a sand sifting star let alone two of them. They will work through that sand bed in no time. As far as food you could try a variety of blender mush. My fish and inverts seem to LOVE this stuff. I would just leave a peice under him and he should be able to figure out the rest. HTH

Blender mush you really can't screw up. Recipes differ from one person to another but the one I personally use consists of shrimp, mussels, clams, scallops, nori, phytoplankton and some seawater all put in the blender and than put into ziplock baggies and frozen for later use.

Back
Top Bottom