started a saltwater talk back in July (I believe) and has since been battling non-st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I have no idea what changed, but the dino algae is not growing back since our water change last week. Last week, I did a really good cleaning of the rocks and got all the debris off. I raised the lights a good 4 inches, added a piece of plexiglass on top of the right hand side of the tank and increase the Ph to 8.4. Something took and it has started to subside and when the lights are on, it is no longer bubbling like it use to in the past. Hopefully this sticks and it doesn't start to grow back again. We have also started to see some nice green coralline start to grow on two of the rocks, I guess doing a really good cleaning of the rocks allowed it to start growing. I am going to clean them off again today before we scrape the pink coralline off the front of the glass.

Now we just have to start attacking the algae on the left side of the tank, which I think is Bryopsis pennata. After we do our maintenance this week, I will take a picture of it and post it. :banghead: Almost there...

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.I will keep everyone posted on what happens in the next few weeks.

These are still all signs of excess nutrients in the water column. Manual removal of the algae, reduce feedings to rinsed frozen food, large water changes with ro/di water.
There are also two articles in my signature that discuss algae issues.

Back
Top Bottom