Starter fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had some hermits and coralline survive my cycle, and I overdosed the ammonia to 8ppm. i also had some paly's live thru it too. So it might be ok.

I agree on all the Mandarines, all the draggonets in general. After 18 years of reef keeping I have never kept one longer than a few months with hundreds of pounds of live rock and many copepods. There are those on the forum that have, I wish I were one of them.

I have a scooter dragonet and let me tell you, he didn't eat for days when i first got him. i literally tried over 20 different foods until I foundhim stuff he eats. no its brine shrimp and bloodworms. And of course the pods which he totally wiped out from my tank. I now have a fuge with macro in the back compartment of my cube so I can hopefully grow some more.

carey said:
I have a scooter dragonet and let me tell you, he didn't eat for days when i first got him. i literally tried over 20 different foods until I foundhim stuff he eats. no its brine shrimp and bloodworms. And of course the pods which he totally wiped out from my tank. I now have a fuge with macro in the back compartment of my cube so I can hopefully grow some more.

Just thought I would ask a question to ya Carey. My friend has a scooter dragonet. And I was wondering will they survive on just frozen food alone? I can tell he already wiped out the pods in her tank. He does eat frozen food but looks skinny... :(. What do you suggest on feeding schedules for him? Also what is the average lifespan for them?

I feed mine 3 times a day usually and he is kinda plump. lol When I got him you could see his spine bone he was awful thin. Not sure on the life span, I;ve had mine since I got my cube, which was maybe 2-3 months ago? He has also grown about triple his size in that time.

He is an awesome fish, his tail is really red and when he flips up his sailfin thing it's beyond cool. :-D

Just can't recommend one after all the trouble I've had.

Ok thanks for the info. She is feeding it once a day. It's kinda hard to feed him since she also has two clownfish that are pigs..lol and since he is very slow at eating.

I use a turkey baster to get it down to mine. the clowns dont eat the blood worms anyways and they sink the fastest so the scooter gets quite a few. He's a little piggy sometimes. BUT just a few weeks ago he stopped eating for like 4 days. So you can never really tell. I would just feed him more

Back
Top Bottom