Starting a 240 gal reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishnrx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I plan on making a 4'x4'x2' tank and am fortunate enough to not have too much of a budget. I just need some advice on where to start. Maybe some neat ideas for aquascaping (I think its called?). I'm not worried about particular inverts or fish at this point just the lay out of the tank in particular. I was thinking a center overflow as this would allow for a 360 degree viewing area. I am building a house and need to know some specifics about the location of it also. I was thinking about making the entry large enough for it so all could see it upon arrival. Let me know whether or not the center overflow is a good idea, or if it's possible at all. Also, is the entry an ok place for it to be located?

An aquarium can be placed pretty much wherever your heart desires. A center overflow is fine, but I would aquascape around the overflow to hide it as much as possible. Take a pic of the entryway or rooms you are contemplating and we can throw ideas around :)

As mentioned above it can go where you want it. If it`s in the middle of the floor just make sure you floor can handle the weight. You might need to put some jacks under the house.

Maybe some neat ideas for aquascaping

You can drill holes in the rock and attach it together with clear plastic rods. This allows more stable rock formations as well as things like overhangs and arches.

Back
Top Bottom