Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well that does suck. Just be aware things can go wrong and if it does i would be looking at your water source. Algae could cause you some problems.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ok so I put an add on my local aquarium clubs boards and got a fast reply I am buying 20 gallons of rodi water a month for 20$ that will cover my 1/4 tank water changes every week. Thank god I dodged that bullet

Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

On another note I also ordered a rio mini hob skimmer for up to 20 gallons 30$, and my live rock I got local from a member for 40$ for 20lbs, my sand Carib sea white 20$ for 20lbs, my 2 mp10 powerheads for 150$, omega one marine food 20$, my refractometer 80$, already have my 20 gallon tank and API master test kit.

I think I got everything I need now just playing the fed ex waiting game lol? Anything else I am missing?

Also I found a site in Canada that sells ro/di systems for 125$ shipping inc is that a fair price?
Old 05-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle
On another note I also ordered a rio mini hob skimmer for up to 20 gallons 30$, and my live rock I got local from a member for 40$ for 20lbs, my sand Carib sea white 20$ for 20lbs, my 2 mp10 powerheads for 150$, omega one marine food 20$, my refractometer 80$, already have my 20 gallon tank and API master test kit.

I think I got everything I need now just playing the fed ex waiting game lol? Anything else I am missing?

Also I found a site in Canada that sells ro/di systems for 125$ shipping inc is that a fair price?
Where on gods green earth did you get 2 mp10's for 150 you lucky bastard lol. I had to pay full price new for my one for 230. Im completely jealous lol. Sounds like you got hooked up on a lot of good stuff.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Everything was from a local member from our local fourm who bought all this stuff to set up his tank and found out he was having a baby so I got it all for a song and dance

Sand and food is coming from big als online I was gonna order everything from big als until I came across this deal so i canceled my order. everything is still unopened in box even the 2 mp10's I am super happy these deals don't happen often
Old 05-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Everything was from a local member from our local fourm who bought all this stuff to set up his tank and found out he was having a baby so I got it all for a song and dance

Sand and food is coming from big als online I was gonna order everything from big als until I came across this deal so i canceled my order. everything is still unopened in box even the 2 mp10's I am super happy these deals don't happen often
No they dont, awesome luck on the find.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:51 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism

No they dont, awesome luck on the find.
So what do you got for a tank and what equipment are you running, stock ect...?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well my main tank at the moment is a 29g mixed reef, pair of ocellaris clowns, lawnmower blenny and scooter blennie, sandsifting star, cleaner shrimp, assorted hermits and snails. Sps,lps, and softies.

150w metal halide 14k
Reef Octopus BH1000 HOB skimmer
Mp10
Reefkeeper Lite (plus) w ATO
150w heater
Carbon/ GfO reactor
35lbs live rock
2" sandbed

Also have a 2 other tanks thats have just been running without much in them besides a few fish and rock. Have had many tanks over the years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2051595126.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	97417  
Old 05-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That's a really nice tank hold your head up high. And I know all about MTS I have about 15 fresh tanks but this is my first salty.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
That's a really nice tank hold your head up high. And I know all about MTS I have about 15 fresh tanks but this is my first salty.
Thanks, believe it or not ive never tried my hand at freshwater unless you count the three goldfish larry, curly and moe i had when i was 5 lol

Tags
40 gallon, reef, starting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com