Starting a zoa garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look great!

I have a school of coralline wrasse's that pester mine every evening looking for worms that hide in them. Guess its worth them getting irritated to get rid of worms.

Mine are shredding or sumthing. Got them two days ago. Opened up for 20 mins then my hermits started crawling all over it. They were eating the algae on it. But i dont jnow why they are slowly falling apart. My chems are all good, 7-9dkh 8.3ph and bright T5s with moonlight LED

image-2992739139.jpg

Gregcoyote said:
They are very sensitive to phosphates. Needs to be well below .1 They will probably recover.

Very true. I have 0 phosphates and for some reason I always come in at .05 nitrAtes.

And mine are gonna take over the tank soon lol.

Convict2161 said:
Very true. I have 0 phosphates and for some reason I always come in at .05 nitrAtes.

And mine are gonna take over the tank soon lol.

Same here! I think 0.5 Trates is a good thing. I know that my dendros hate a super clean tank. I think my zoa polyps open larger with a little nitrate as well. When I say little, I mean a little. Lol

Phosphates do need to be 0 however, Walmart has a TDS meter for 10$ in the filtration section. I see more growth and color since adding a phosphate reactor as well. Only 40 for a reactor at BRS or 60 with a pump.

This is a summer luvin Paly I ordered from zoanthids.com. At 170$ per head, I was having a bad week when it wouldent open, the phosban reactor from twolittlefishies has brought it back. Here is a pic from last night. Have some Spider-Man's on it as well.

Attachments

• image-871173242.jpg
    image-871173242.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 62
Readingexcalibur said:
Same here! I think 0.5 Trates is a good thing. I know that my dendros hate a super clean tank. I think my zoa polyps open larger with a little nitrate as well. When I say little, I mean a little. Lol

Phosphates do need to be 0 however, Walmart has a TDS meter for 10$ in the filtration section. I see more growth and color since adding a phosphate reactor as well. Only 40 for a reactor at BRS or 60 with a pump.

This is a summer luvin Paly I ordered from zoanthids.com. At 170$ per head, I was having a bad week when it wouldent open, the phosban reactor from twolittlefishies has brought it back. Here is a pic from last night. Have some Spider-Man's on it as well.

Beautiful paly but your right I was watching a few lectures and I guess soft corals need trace amounts of trates for proper growth like .02-.05 ppm

Edit* and yes on my off time I watch lectures..exciting right lmao

Back
Top Bottom