Starting my coral adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm new to SW and am about to dive into my first corals. I'm thinking about just doing soft corals in my 75g with my current orbit marine lighting system. I like zoas and polyps, might even get some mushrooms. Any advice for a coral newbie? Do I have to dose anything? Any suggestions of where to buy online

awesome thats what i like to hear :)
i figured always better to start with the easy stuff.
Now how many zoas can i introduce at once. I have 3-4 different ones that im interested in. Should i only add 1 or 2 at first or can i add all of them if there aren't many polyps?

Liveaquaria has good products. If you want ideas check out my tank pic link in my signature. That is a LPS tank.

What kind are you looking for? Generic or designer Zoas?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Planetzoa has about every zoanthid you could ever want.

thanks so i ended up purchasing a cleaner shrimp, a royal gramma, Green Star Polyps, Green Bay Packers Zoanthids, Eagle Eye Zoanthid, and Easter Egg Finger Leather. The green Star polyps are begging to open and look great as well as the eagle eye zoas. The green bay packer zoas haven't shown any sign off opening up and either have the Finger leathers. all the parameters are in check but the coral has only been in the water for 5 hours. How long do you think it will be for both the finger and the other zoas to open?

Attachments

• DSCN1139.jpg
    DSCN1139.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN1140.jpg
    DSCN1140.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN1141.jpg
    DSCN1141.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN1142.jpg
    DSCN1142.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 71
Hi there I wouldn't worry too much at the moment they're probably only adjusting to the change over some corals can take a week or 2 to settle in ,and especially The leather corals are well known for sulking lengths of time.

Back
Top Bottom