Starting on Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many shops also sell RO/DI water to customers. In addition, distilled water is just as pure (sometimes even better) and can be found at many stores for under $1/gallon.

i know my lfs sells pre mixed water, but i didnt want to go that route as ive heard bad things about that. i do have a walmart near by that sells distilled water out of one of those machines.

total dissolved solids. you want as close to zero as possible. a T.D.S. meter is a must if you want to succeed in the reef keeping hobby.

Yeah, cheapest I found was on eBay, I got mine for about $10 shipped. Every type of distilled I checked was 0 TDS, which is what every RO/DI strives for and rarely achieves (and if it does it soon rises).

What did you hear bad about the premixed water? If they are using RO/DI it shouldn't be an issue, then it is just a matter of what salt they use. If they use a bad salt they should still be selling RO/DI water.

just heard that some people dont always do it right or cheap out to make more money by not having to fo as much

Buy the TDS meter either way. Check their water with it. You may find it is good enough, may know to buy the distilled.

will do. instead ofgetting coral, i decided to wait until my tac return so that i can get everything i need. i got a couple peppermint shrimp to rid my tank of the aiptasia infestation until then

Back
Top Bottom