Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Starting over

While visiting my sister and her family my brother- in-law got a call asking if he wanted his 75 gal back. Bill was so busy with work he didn't have time to take care of it properly. We went and picked it up, what a shocked! The stand and canopy were in bad shape ( we redid them) no sump, pump and about $2000 of saltwater decorations all gone! I hate to think what happened to the fish! Guess the other people's daughter decided she wanted to keep a snake instead of fish! So they threw everything out....I know it was "their" tank but dang!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I doubt they just dumped them down the drain, probably sold them or gave them away. Maybe it flooded or something or an ammo spike made everything die, who knows. Did he get the 75 back for free?

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcothelia
I doubt they just dumped them down the drain, probably sold them or gave them away. Maybe it flooded or something or an ammo spike made everything die, who knows. Did he get the 75 back for free?
Yes, he got the tank and stand back for free. It's a shame a lot of the stuff is gone and has to be replaced but once you get rid of something......

But on the bright side Bill decided to go with live rock, and since I'm such a wonderful sister-in-law I'm going to give him some live rock to take back home!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's horrible! Snakes are so boring haha!
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
starting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com