Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #121
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3Reefer
Lol sorry my pics didn't post... I'm going to post them later..
Okie dokie

Old 11-04-2012, 03:14 AM   #122
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok everyone read some posts before you post he's said like 7 times he feeds three times a week. His cyno is not from over feeding and his cyno is not from photo period. Light and cyno are not related. I feed my tank every single day with a full cube of mysis,brine,mixes or shrimp and I have no cyno. Is cyno is coming from something he is putting in the system and its not the amount of food. Also it could be from to infrequent water changes whiten I believe you addressed and the amout you do it should be fine if its at least once every other week.

I would tell you to try two things

Stop using nls for a month and see if it goes away and then if it doesn't get a phosphate reactor and run it with a different food then it will deffinitly be gone.

CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #123
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs
Ok everyone read some posts before you post he's said like 7 times he feeds three times a week. His cyno is not from over feeding and his cyno is not from photo period. Light and cyno are not related. I feed my tank every single day with a full cube of mysis,brine,mixes or shrimp and I have no cyno. Is cyno is coming from something he is putting in the system and its not the amount of food. Also it could be from to infrequent water changes whiten I believe you addressed and the amout you do it should be fine if its at least once every other week.

I would tell you to try two things

Stop using nls for a month and see if it goes away and then if it doesn't get a phosphate reactor and run it with a different food then it will deffinitly be gone.
Thanks

And its definitely not from not enough water changes haha. I'm not going to feed nls and see what happens, i'm also replacing all my bulbs with ATI and they'll be here Wednesday( I know half of people say light doesn't matter and vice versa, but its worth a shot. It was pretty much time for new bulbs anyway) if this doesn't do it I've really run out if possibilities haha,I don't even know where id go from here.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #124
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just talked to a woman today at my lfs a woman was telling the guy who works there and she has cyno and he went down a list of reasons that could be causing it and she told him that she was doing it. And I asked what type of fish food she was using and sure enough it was nls omega. I told he not to use it and see if it helps and after that the guy told me that a few of their aquarium matinence clients are dealing with a lot of cyno and all the tanks that have it are using nls.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #125
Aquarium Advice FINatic

New bulbs will help. I know people said there's no relation between cyano and lights but hey I did an experiment cause I was having a cyano too so I didn't turn on my lights for 48hrs and guess what happened? Cyano are dying.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #126
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daney90 View Post
New bulbs will help. I know people said there's no relation between cyano and lights but hey I did an experiment cause I was having a cyano too so I didn't turn on my lights for 48hrs and guess what happened? Cyano are dying.
well i think that he can guaranteed to get rid of the algae if he changes his lights and his food. I would think you will have very good success.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #127
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You can turn off your lights for three days and the cyano will die. Cut your lights back and the cyano will come back unless you fix the nutrient problem
Old 11-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #128
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs

well i think that he can guaranteed to get rid of the algae if he changes his lights and his food. I would think you will have very good success.
Thank you, I sure hope so too!!

Tags
cyano, starting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com