Starting to see some cyano.. why??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok everyone read some posts before you post he's said like 7 times he feeds three times a week. His cyno is not from over feeding and his cyno is not from photo period. Light and cyno are not related. I feed my tank every single day with a full cube of mysis,brine,mixes or shrimp and I have no cyno. Is cyno is coming from something he is putting in the system and its not the amount of food. Also it could be from to infrequent water changes whiten I believe you addressed and the amout you do it should be fine if its at least once every other week.

I would tell you to try two things

Stop using nls for a month and see if it goes away and then if it doesn't get a phosphate reactor and run it with a different food then it will deffinitly be gone.

CleverBs said:
Ok everyone read some posts before you post he's said like 7 times he feeds three times a week. His cyno is not from over feeding and his cyno is not from photo period. Light and cyno are not related. I feed my tank every single day with a full cube of mysis,brine,mixes or shrimp and I have no cyno. Is cyno is coming from something he is putting in the system and its not the amount of food. Also it could be from to infrequent water changes whiten I believe you addressed and the amout you do it should be fine if its at least once every other week.

I would tell you to try two things

Stop using nls for a month and see if it goes away and then if it doesn't get a phosphate reactor and run it with a different food then it will deffinitly be gone.

And its definitely not from not enough water changes haha. I'm not going to feed nls and see what happens, i'm also replacing all my bulbs with ATI and they'll be here Wednesday( I know half of people say light doesn't matter and vice versa, but its worth a shot. It was pretty much time for new bulbs anyway) if this doesn't do it I've really run out if possibilities haha,I don't even know where id go from here.

I just talked to a woman today at my lfs a woman was telling the guy who works there and she has cyno and he went down a list of reasons that could be causing it and she told him that she was doing it. And I asked what type of fish food she was using and sure enough it was nls omega. I told he not to use it and see if it helps and after that the guy told me that a few of their aquarium matinence clients are dealing with a lot of cyno and all the tanks that have it are using nls.

New bulbs will help. I know people said there's no relation between cyano and lights but hey I did an experiment cause I was having a cyano too so I didn't turn on my lights for 48hrs and guess what happened? Cyano are dying.

New bulbs will help. I know people said there's no relation between cyano and lights but hey I did an experiment cause I was having a cyano too so I didn't turn on my lights for 48hrs and guess what happened? Cyano are dying.

well i think that he can guaranteed to get rid of the algae if he changes his lights and his food. I would think you will have very good success.

You can turn off your lights for three days and the cyano will die. Cut your lights back and the cyano will come back unless you fix the nutrient problem

Back
Top Bottom