Starving Sailfin (Algae) Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had Caesar for over a month now. I see him "kissing" and grazing the glass and the rocks all the time. He seems to be getting smaller. I have over 135 lb of LR in a tank over 18 months old, I feed with veggie flakes containing spirulina daily. I place seaweed in the tank every other day or so. Is there anything else I can use as a supplement for him?

I am having the same trouble with a scooter blenny i cannot get him to eat any frozen or live foods, any one have any foods that my scooter may go nuts for?

A Scooter is not really a blenny, it is a dragonette. They usually need a good population of pods to survive (a mature tanks). Very difficult fish to keep, you need dedication to be successful.
That being said, I have gotten mine to eat San Fransico brand Marine Crusine. She also eats a Angel food preparation (the brand escapes me, PM me if interested and I will check). I do need to target feed her, she is much too slow to compete with my other fish.
As for the algea blenny, have you tried Nori on a clip? Instead of clipping it to the side of the tank, let it sink to the bottom. My lawnmover eats it up in QT like this.
HTH

I have a blenny that when the algea ran out started to eat the Spirilina flakes. He is doing ok. Hopefully yours will adapt also

Back
Top Bottom