Still no stand......... and any clubs near Pensacola Fl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plkdb

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ordered a Walnut Ocea stand for my 55, on 6/26..........still no freakin stand!!! Now they are telling me thursday or saturday. It is SOOOO frustrating to hear should be here next week, every week!! I`m about ready to give up. Probably should have a while ago, and looked for a new dealer. Think I should hold out a little longer? They have the combo on sale I saw for 40 cheaper than what I paid, I think if I decide to wait any longer, I`m going to request the price match. I`m too nice of a guy, I hate confrontation. Anyone know of any clubs near Pensacola Fl?

There was one in Tallahassee called the North West Florida Aquarium club, I believe but they seem to have fallen apart.

Aquarium Advice has many regional specific forums right here. This is what fernzpat was refering to. You can find the FL regional forum here.

Oh, talked to fish store today. They wont match the price. The guy said he bought the tank from two different batches, and he cant go any lower or he`ll be losing money on the deal. :x So I think I`m going to take a roadtrip up to a shop up in Pensacola that I`ve heard good things about so far for livestock, and order the rest of my parts either through catalogs, or online. This is coming from a store that advertises themselves as the largest marine dealer in norther florida for the last 35 years, although judging by the size of their showroom, I would tend to doubt that. Its a shame, I really expected better customer service after I waited this long for the stand. The guy did say he called ocea and the stand will be there friday.

Re: Still no stand......... and any clubs near Pensacola Fl

plkdb said:
Ordered a Walnut Ocea stand for my 55, on 6/26..........still no freakin stand!!! Now they are telling me thursday or saturday. It is SOOOO frustrating to hear should be here next week, every week!! I`m about ready to give up. Probably should have a while ago, and looked for a new dealer. Think I should hold out a little longer? They have the combo on sale I saw for 40 cheaper than what I paid, I think if I decide to wait any longer, I`m going to request the price match. I`m too nice of a guy, I hate confrontation. Anyone know of any clubs near Pensacola Fl?

I finally got my matching 14" custom made hood after waiting for a YEAR!!!! :wink: Gosh was my wife proud! Now she actually acts interested in the tank.

I'd ask her to make you a stand vut you have to be REALLY patient!!!

-Patrick

Thats ok, got any pictures? Later down the line once the CDC`s are done, I would like to make one for a bigger tank. Maybe a cherry stand with black walnut trim.

Back
Top Bottom