Stock ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jereli

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 60 gallon reef. Currently have:

two chromis
one clown fish
One scooter blenny
Corals

What other active fish do you guys think would go great or what else would u guys add?

any comments would be great.

If you have a covered tank I would for sure think about wrasses..How about a goby and pistol shrimp?

Certainly Wrasses! There are so many different kinds! They are active and colorful! Great additions!

Thanks for the ideas.. Well I went to fish store looking for wrasse the six line... But ended up coming out with two bangai cardinal fish. Lol I know their not to active but I they looked cool. Hope they do good I been reading they arent too hardy especially the wild caught.

Two bangais might not be a good choice unless you have a male and female. They are mouth brooders so the male would have the bigger jaw. Wild caught ones are caught with poison and feeding them food soaked in garlic guard seems to help with some of the after effects.

I am hoping to get one that is tank bred I know it will cost more but will be much more healthy in the long run. I know of a couple of people that had theirs breed but the they didn't make it the fry stage.

I have a tank raised male/female pair. IME they are hard to start eating. The female eats maybe 1 brine shrimp per feeding but no pellets, and my male eats 1 pellet per feeding and no brine shrimp. :facepalm:

Yea I know. I am hoping that they do okay. My friend didn't have much luck with them but u think their pretty neat fish so ill see how it goes

do You guys fee there is room for maybe one more small fish..currently stocked with:
2 cardinals
1 Ocellaris clown
2 chromis
1 scooter blenny

Or is this about as much fish I can stock in 60.

Ok so both cardinals are very shy but they are still just hanging out together and are eating little bit of mysis shrimp and blood worms. My question is.. They are not fighting do does this mean they are two females or one male and one female? i know the males will fight each other

Back
Top Bottom