Stock ideas!!:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello!
I'm sure I've posted atleast 3 of these threads in the past but plans change and so do interests so here we go!
I'll be setting up a 30 gallon Lps and softy reef tank. So far I have this

Mated pair of occelaris clowns
Yellow watchman goby
Flame angel?

I know angels van poke at corals... Has anyone had any experience with them in a reef? If I provide algae crisps on a clip for it to graze will it help?

Any other stock ideas are mucho appreciated!!!

i would also like to know about the alage clips and angel

zacheyp said:
i would also like to know about the alage clips and angel

With my Lemonpeel, he RARELY ever nipped. It is pretty much a 50/50, but your Angel could never nip at a coral, and he could then decide to do it all the time. :)

Oh and also, I think the Yellow Watchman is a good idea, they are my favorite kind of Goby! :)

redsea said:
Oh and also, I think the Yellow Watchman is a good idea, they are my favorite kind of Goby! :)

I know, there beautiful! Ill get a pistol shrimp with him and watch them do there thing.

mandarin fish. But you have to really take care of this fish and know what you are doing

first off if you are going reef, i would get the pygmy angel over the flame, the are less likley to nip at sps, look at reef safe wrasses

bootz said:
mandarin fish. But you have to really take care of this fish and know what you are doing

I would LOVE. Mandarin but it wouldn't be until I'm well established and can breed copepods.

A pygmy angel is NOT less likely to nip.

Yeah Mandarins are awesome fish after you establish your tank, but it is a goal worth shooting for.

I think I've got it!

2 occelaris clowns
1 lemonpeel angel
1 royal gramma
1 yellow watchman goby

What do you think??
(if the angel is a nipper I'll just take him back and go from there)

I have stated many times on this forum that i had great luck with my Lemonpeel. but he might nip so be cautious. Personally, if you have the resources i would get the Tiger pygmy lemonpeel hybird or the Peppermint Angel, both super rare and MONDO bucks lol. To quote Wayne Campbell "It will be mine , It will be mine to quote

if you look at live aqueria is says they will nip at lps not sps

it just says it might nip at lps. i am pretty sure i have told you this before on like 5 different threads. If you ever owned an angelfish and watched it behavior it nips on almost everything in your tank. It just varies from fish to fish some are more conducive to doing it than others.

I think I've got it!

2 occelaris clowns
1 lemonpeel angel
1 royal gramma
1 yellow watchman goby

What do you think??
(if the angel is a nipper I'll just take him back and go from there)

I think your list looks good for a 30 gallon reef. I personally like wrasses and firefish, but you've got a great list. I just got my yellow watchman goby - awesome! Good luck with the angelfish...hopefully it doesn't stress the rest of the inhabitants in a 30g; you might want to add it last :)

Back
Top Bottom