Stock List for 75g Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittchao

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am planning to start out a 75g tank as a FOWLR. We will more than likely be adding corals sometime down the line, so I would like the fish to be "reef-safe" in the sense that they won't actively devour corals. So far the list, in no particular order, is:
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Orchid Dottyback
2 Banggai Cardinalfish
1 Flame Angel
1 Green Mandarin (to be added at a much later date, but my husband is in love so we are planning ahead for it)
1 Long Nose Hawkfish (possibly)

Is this overstocked? Are these all compatible? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Wouldn't get 2 bangaii cardinals unless they're paired b/c they could fight. Some will say they're lonely when there's one, but I have a single one and it does fine with all the other fish and looks happy. With the flame angel, it's a risk you'd be taking when you get corals, b/c it might eventually decide to pick at your corals. For a FOWLR it's definitely fine and a beautiful specimen for sure. With hawkfishes you have to be careful b/c they can pick on shrimp and small fish. If you're getting neither of those, seems like it would be a fine addition, maybe kind of territorial. The order seems good b/c of the levels of aggression of the fish.

What if I skipped the hawkfish and added a One Spot Foxface instead? Would that still be a good mix?

Yeah that's fine. They're usually very docile the first month or so, but get adjusted. Great fish overall.

I'd almost skip the Cardinals for the Foxface. Cardinals look cool, but don't do much. I'd rather have a couple larger fish that cruise around. That's just me though. :)

What if I skipped the hawkfish and added a One Spot Foxface instead? Would that still be a good mix?

I got one almost 5 years ago, 2in, he's almost 7in now and still getting bigger. Think there full size (if they make it) is 12in to 15in. Just a warning. Mine very happy in a 310

Back
Top Bottom