Stock list ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are some kind of bristle tooth but are not the ones from liveaquaria. All yellow and very bright.

The only yellows I can think of are Yellow and Mimic Lemonpeel...the first get big and need a big tank. The Mimics can go smaller, but start bright yellow young and get some brownish coloring as they become adult.

McCoskers flasher wrasse!, watchmen shrimp pair, 2 black clowns, blenny... maybe an anthias of some sort. I dunno so many fish!

TheTodd said:
The only yellows I can think of are Yellow and Mimic Lemonpeel...the first get big and need a big tank. The Mimics can go smaller, but start bright yellow young and get some brownish coloring as they become adult.

It's not either if it's still there I'll post the name of it.

Mr. D said:
It's not either if it's still there I'll post the name of it.

Since its gonna be reef imo youd want to employ some workers sandsifting goby keeps sandbed stirred and tangs to graze algae whats a reef without couple clownfish check out the platinum clowns lil different than the norm small school of chromis they tend to stay in the top water column

danbstrong said:
Since its gonna be reef imo youd want to employ some workers sandsifting goby keeps sandbed stirred and tangs to graze algae whats a reef without couple clownfish check out the platinum clowns lil different than the norm small school of chromis they tend to stay in the top water column

The platinum clown fish are defently cool looking i like that they are different and yeah i defently want some gobies i think they are really cool looking.

Cogus said:
The platinum clown fish are defently cool looking i like that they are different and yeah i defently want some gobies i think they are really cool looking.

I had an orange diamond goby he sifted sand constantly keeping the sandbed stirred which is beneficial if done lil at a time now i have a yellow shrimp goby paired with a yellow pistol shrimp never leave each others side

danbstrong said:
I had an orange diamond goby he sifted sand constantly keeping the sandbed stirred which is beneficial if done lil at a time now i have a yellow shrimp goby paired with a yellow pistol shrimp never leave each others side

Another suggestion other than fish is tongan nassarius snails and serpent star they grab any food that falls to the bottom helping keep water quality good stay away from cleaners such as mithrax "emerald" crab and sally lightfoot ive witnessed both catching fish in my aquarium they get big after a year or so

The Tongan nassaris snail is my personal favorite sandsifter or snail in general. I highly recommend a small army of these! I bought 6 nassaris snails from my LFS and I got 2 of the tongans. They didn't know and neither did I at the time. You can tell by their beautiful shell. Awesome snails!

Emerald crabs are great for clean up crew but care should be taken with Sally lightfoot crabs as I think those aren't really "reef safe" crabs.

Keithhjs said:
Emerald crabs are great for clean up crew but care should be taken with Sally lightfoot crabs as I think those aren't really "reef safe" crabs.

I've had two, one in two different 30 gallon reefs, and I never had any trouble from them. I have heard of other people having nasty ones, though. I do agree, there are better options than Sally's. Regular old Mexican red legged hermits and scarlet reef hermits are excellent. You'd be hard pressed to find many full sized reefs without them anywhere in the world.

Well i think ive decided on part of my stock list what do u all think? Green banded goby, pair of black clownfish, court jester goby, six line wrasse, qnd a goby shrimp pair not sure what kind yet. Dose this all look like it will work? And do you think i will have room for a few more fish?

In a 75? That should be okay.
But you've picked a lot of bottom dwellers.
I would throw in something that swims I'm the open water at the top.

Sounds good now id pick 2 medium size open water swimmers and call that stocked :)

Mrc8858 said:
Sounds good now id pick 2 medium size open water swimmers and call that stocked :)

I agree with open water fish chromis or anthias

Cogus said:
How many chromis could i get?

Generally chromis dont get very big if it were me id get 3-4 they will for the most part swim together

danbstrong said:
Generally chromis dont get very big if it were me id get 3-4 they will for the most part swim together

Okay cool then i think ill get a small school of half and half chromis

Back
Top Bottom