Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Cogus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs
Any of these are good selections for a reef. Only thing you need to figure out is your fish budget, lol. http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Brow...arch=excellent
Thanks for the link!!! Still soo many cool fish i want them all!!!
__________________

__________________
Cogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Mr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 604
They are some kind of bristle tooth but are not the ones from liveaquaria. All yellow and very bright.
__________________

__________________
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
TheTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 3,110
The only yellows I can think of are Yellow and Mimic Lemonpeel...the first get big and need a big tank. The Mimics can go smaller, but start bright yellow young and get some brownish coloring as they become adult.
__________________
TheTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
paul87's Avatar

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,267
McCoskers flasher wrasse!, watchmen shrimp pair, 2 black clowns, blenny... maybe an anthias of some sort. I dunno so many fish!
__________________

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Mr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd
The only yellows I can think of are Yellow and Mimic Lemonpeel...the first get big and need a big tank. The Mimics can go smaller, but start bright yellow young and get some brownish coloring as they become adult.
It's not either if it's still there I'll post the name of it.
__________________
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
danbstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D

It's not either if it's still there I'll post the name of it.
Since its gonna be reef imo youd want to employ some workers sandsifting goby keeps sandbed stirred and tangs to graze algae whats a reef without couple clownfish check out the platinum clowns lil different than the norm small school of chromis they tend to stay in the top water column
__________________
danbstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Cogus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong

Since its gonna be reef imo youd want to employ some workers sandsifting goby keeps sandbed stirred and tangs to graze algae whats a reef without couple clownfish check out the platinum clowns lil different than the norm small school of chromis they tend to stay in the top water column
The platinum clown fish are defently cool looking i like that they are different and yeah i defently want some gobies i think they are really cool looking.
__________________
Cogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
danbstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogus

The platinum clown fish are defently cool looking i like that they are different and yeah i defently want some gobies i think they are really cool looking.
I had an orange diamond goby he sifted sand constantly keeping the sandbed stirred which is beneficial if done lil at a time now i have a yellow shrimp goby paired with a yellow pistol shrimp never leave each others side
__________________
danbstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
danbstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong

I had an orange diamond goby he sifted sand constantly keeping the sandbed stirred which is beneficial if done lil at a time now i have a yellow shrimp goby paired with a yellow pistol shrimp never leave each others side
Another suggestion other than fish is tongan nassarius snails and serpent star they grab any food that falls to the bottom helping keep water quality good stay away from cleaners such as mithrax "emerald" crab and sally lightfoot ive witnessed both catching fish in my aquarium they get big after a year or so
__________________
danbstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
paul87's Avatar

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,267
The Tongan nassaris snail is my personal favorite sandsifter or snail in general. I highly recommend a small army of these! I bought 6 nassaris snails from my LFS and I got 2 of the tongans. They didn't know and neither did I at the time. You can tell by their beautiful shell. Awesome snails!
__________________

__________________

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
stock, stock list

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.