Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs
Any of these are good selections for a reef. Only thing you need to figure out is your fish budget, lol. http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Brow...arch=excellent
Thanks for the link!!! Still soo many cool fish i want them all!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

They are some kind of bristle tooth but are not the ones from liveaquaria. All yellow and very bright.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

The only yellows I can think of are Yellow and Mimic Lemonpeel...the first get big and need a big tank. The Mimics can go smaller, but start bright yellow young and get some brownish coloring as they become adult.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

McCoskers flasher wrasse!, watchmen shrimp pair, 2 black clowns, blenny... maybe an anthias of some sort. I dunno so many fish!

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd
The only yellows I can think of are Yellow and Mimic Lemonpeel...the first get big and need a big tank. The Mimics can go smaller, but start bright yellow young and get some brownish coloring as they become adult.
It's not either if it's still there I'll post the name of it.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D

It's not either if it's still there I'll post the name of it.
Since its gonna be reef imo youd want to employ some workers sandsifting goby keeps sandbed stirred and tangs to graze algae whats a reef without couple clownfish check out the platinum clowns lil different than the norm small school of chromis they tend to stay in the top water column
Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong

Since its gonna be reef imo youd want to employ some workers sandsifting goby keeps sandbed stirred and tangs to graze algae whats a reef without couple clownfish check out the platinum clowns lil different than the norm small school of chromis they tend to stay in the top water column
The platinum clown fish are defently cool looking i like that they are different and yeah i defently want some gobies i think they are really cool looking.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogus

The platinum clown fish are defently cool looking i like that they are different and yeah i defently want some gobies i think they are really cool looking.
I had an orange diamond goby he sifted sand constantly keeping the sandbed stirred which is beneficial if done lil at a time now i have a yellow shrimp goby paired with a yellow pistol shrimp never leave each others side
Old 07-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong

I had an orange diamond goby he sifted sand constantly keeping the sandbed stirred which is beneficial if done lil at a time now i have a yellow shrimp goby paired with a yellow pistol shrimp never leave each others side
Another suggestion other than fish is tongan nassarius snails and serpent star they grab any food that falls to the bottom helping keep water quality good stay away from cleaners such as mithrax "emerald" crab and sally lightfoot ive witnessed both catching fish in my aquarium they get big after a year or so
Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

The Tongan nassaris snail is my personal favorite sandsifter or snail in general. I highly recommend a small army of these! I bought 6 nassaris snails from my LFS and I got 2 of the tongans. They didn't know and neither did I at the time. You can tell by their beautiful shell. Awesome snails!

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stock, stock list

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com