Stock verification #2,005,483: is my 29 gal biocube overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I here's my new stock list for a biocube 29 reef:
1 occ clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 yellow watchman goby
1 purple firefish
1 blue/green chromis

I'll have a skimmer and run chemi pure elite plus a fuge with chaeto and mangroves so filtration is prime.
What do you guys think?

I like all of those fish, nice choices! :) I am just not sure about the single Chromis, aren't they happier when they are with some of their own kind?

List looks good, very well thought out it seems. Glad you are taking the time to get it just right. :)

Just keep up on your water changes, 6 fish in a cube is pushing it a bit and water quality tends to slip. I'm battling nitrates now in my biocube, but it's mostly because of my feeding schedule i think. lol

LOL. I have a pad by my computer that I list my future 90g stock in. I have all sorts of little notes and things for each fish. lol It IS fun. :)

Hahaha ikr! Alright since the chromis is a no go how about a blue sapphire damsel? LA says there peaceful. If not the damsel im just going to do the sixline.

Id go with the wrasse from what I hear damsels can turn out to be quite aggressive but I haven't kept either just know that I want a wrasse lol

I like the sixline idea. It's nice cause you have a covered top and they are jumpers so I think it's a good opportunity to get one. if I had the room I'd get one. LOL

Hmmmmmmmm..... Yeah I think that's a good idea. My lfs sells them and there really active(which is what i want). I love my lfs but there store is 80% coral and 20% fish.

So I guess:
1 occ clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 purple fire fish
1 yellow watchman goby
1 six line wrasse

That's pretty much identical to my plan just no cardinal or firefish lol

There are also people that say their sixline was a bully and wouldn't let the other fish eat. They are carpet surfers and will jump in the back chamber of a cube too.

Back
Top Bottom