stocking 125g fowlr tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is a list of fish i would like to keep

2 false clowns
2 tangs (different)
1 heiniochus butterfly
1 flame angle
1 mandarin
1yellow goby
Inverts
cleaner shrimp
fire shrimp
starfish
hermits & crabs

I am open to suggestions. The only thing that is a must are the clowns for my 5year old. I love the heiniochus but I know they are a large fish.
I also like wrasses,puffers and triggers but they are more aggressive right.

How many fish can you put in 125g? If I can put more fish if I choose A different species please let me know how. I wouldn't mind having smaller fish if I could have a bigger varity. Thanx

The heiniochus butterfly are a large fish like you said, but they would also prefer to be in a school. Not sure you have room for that. How about any of the basslets, or a school of cardinal fish? I'd skip the mandarin for a while. They need a well established system to do well. They do best with a plentiful supply of pods to eat and your tank needs time to establish them. That would be my last fish when adding them, give it a few months. Adding puffers and triggers are gonna really limit your other choices. There are small wrasses that would work and aren't aggressive, like a sixline but then he will compete with any potential mandarin for food. It may work in a tank that size, but I wouldn't do it.

Oh, also check out the blennies, dartfish and jawfish. Also, and you may know this already, but you don't want to add all these fish at the same time. One or two every other week would work. And, make the tangs your last additions (with the exception of the mandarin) since they can become territorial.

I would like to suggest a school of several blue-green chromis. They aren't bad on the bio-load, and they add so much color and motion with their schooling! Love mine! :D Also a royal gramma for striking color.

As far as inverts go, we love our coral banded shrimp. He's the coolest critter in the tank....real personality, comes right out front to check us all out and loves to be hand fed.

Consider a centropyge angel instead of the Heni. If you don't plan corals, would go nice with your list.

I was just about to say that if you plan on later going to a reef tank you might want to skip the angels since they will nip at the corals

if you plan on a 125 all the fish you listed will be more than fine

2 false clowns
2 tangs (different) - what kind of tangs do u like?
1 flame angel
1 yellow goby

(maybe think about fluffs/dianes suggestions..) 6-7 chromis, grammas, blennies dartfish etc..you could probably do maybe 6 smaller species with the list you already gave us

These dont add to the bioload so i'd go alot of them
Inverts
cleaner shrimp x4
fire shrimp x3 or 4
starfish - brittles, serpents - great cleaners
hermits & crabs - x40-50
snails - 80-100 nassarius/turbos etc...

I like the chromis. I was thinking about maybe 3-5 of these. What are fluffs? I never heard of these. I also like the fairy wrasse. Will the eat my inverts?

tmkx3 said:
What are fluffs?

lmbo!

I'm Fluff but I don't think you'd want to add me to your tank. :lol:
He was saying for you to think about me and dianeww's suggestions. :wink:

Oh my gosh :lol: :lol: :lol: thats what I get for reading in a hurry 8O 8O By the way I am considered to be fluffy too

Back
Top Bottom