Stocking 72 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarin man

Aquarium Advice Regular
well after hurricane ike took care of cleaning out my 72 gal. im finally about ready to put some fish back in it. heres what im thinking. let me know about quantity/compatibility/ smart or dumb... thanks

-yellow tang
-blue hippo tang
-flame angel
-1 or 2 oscellaris or clarkii(havnt decided)
-court jester goby or watchman
-one more up in the air (suggestions?)

what do yall think?

I will tell you right now most here will bauk at the suggest of two tangs and an angel in that aize tank. I know because I have two tangs in a 65 ;)

You should probably drob one of the three harger fish. As for replacements I would go with a couple damsels or a blenny. A school of Chromis is always fun...

The stock for my 65 is in my sig.

ya i was thinkin about a few chromis or maybe a couple blue damsels. but do yall think it would be better to have the hippo and yellow tang or the hippo and flame angel?

Tangs don't always get along, and I hear the Yellow Tang is one of the more aggressive of them. I have a PBT and had a lot a little bit of a proble when introducing my Kole into the tank.

I would drop the yellow and go with the Hippo and the Flame Angel if you want two of the three.

The hippo tang will outgrow your system eventually. Keep the yellow tang and flame angel. The court jester's requirements are similar to that of mandarins ;)

I agree the hippo is not a good choice for the 72. I started with a 72 and kept a yellow tang and a powder brown tang together for a long time with no issues. I think Innovator is right drop the hippo and keep the yellow and the flame angle.

i like the sound of the yellow and the flame. also before no power for over two weeks, i had a mandarin in the tank for over a yr and was very happy with him, but im probably gunna put off the court jester for a lil while until my copepod population gets back on the rise. another thing, whats anyones experience with a lionfish in a 72? i hadnt planned on putting one in there but have taken interest lately. could it work?

I would dare to mention that if you were to have 2 tangs I would go with a yellow and a yellow eyed Kole tang. They are usually pretty compatible because of different body shapes and colors and both IMO are the least suseptible to ich.

You could house a couple dwarfs, but you would have to lose the flame angel and keep larger, faster moving fish. Most dwarf lions will perch as well and not be swimming about the display like their larger counterparts.

I would dare to mention that if you were to have 2 tangs I would go with a yellow and a yellow eyed Kole tang. They are usually pretty compatible because of different body shapes and colors and both IMO are the least suseptible to ich.
I agree with melosu.Here is a picture of 1.

Attachments

• th-74643-kole-yellow-eye-ta.jpg
    th-74643-kole-yellow-eye-ta.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom