stocking a 25 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katybaby

Aquarium Advice Regular
what type of coral and fish can i put in a 25 gallon tank :) i am new to saltwater tanks and would love some help :)

thanks :) i was hoping that i could have a pair of clownfish :)

can u keep a reidi seahorse with clown fish ?

They only issue with more and more food is more fish waste as a result but that could. I have a friend that has a few horses and he has a mason jar half dug into his sand bed and he will spray some of the brine there for the horses to find while the other fish eat.

Wouldn't recommend seahorses, especially being a beginner. Not saying it can't be done, but even experienced hobbyists have a hard time keeping them alive. Having the clowns in there with the seahorse will give the seahorse a slim chance to get food b/c they are such slow eaters and eat constantly throughout the day and not just once a day or every few days. That's why they are recommended to be kept in a species only tank or with pipefish. They don't do well with competition basically and they require stable conditions (temp, pH, nitrate, etc. can't fluctuate a lot). Would recommend keeping fish and possible some corals if you want and maybe in the future getting seahorses if you are willing to do the maintenance, spend extra time feeding, etc.

katybaby said:
thanks :) i was hoping that i could have a pair of clownfish :)

can u keep a reidi seahorse with clown fish ?

Seahorse should only be kept with seahorses or with pipefish. Otherwise they will starve to death. Clowns are super fast and the seahorse doesn't stand a chance of getting food in that tank. That's why seahorse are usually in tank by themselves when you go to aquariums.

thanks for all the help guys :) i think i will stick with the clownfish :) what other fish can i put in my tank? and what are some easy corals i could put in there ?

If you have a sand get a watchman goby and ohh def going to need CUC :) but remember you add fish one or two at a time

daney90 said:
If you have a sand get a watchman goby and ohh def going to need CUC :) but remember you add fish one or two at a time

whats a CUC ?

Zoas and mushrooms are good beginner corals. Don't need a lot of light and there's a huge selection/stunning colors!

obscurereef said:
Zoas and mushrooms are good beginner corals. Don't need a lot of light and there's a huge selection/stunning colors!

would i need an anemone for the clown fish ?

katybaby said:
would i need an anemone for the clown fish ?

Clowns don't need anemone. While they are nice together clowns will be fine without one. Plus anemones need a mature tank most suggest a tank that is at least 6 months to a year old.

Dano. said:
Clowns don't need anemone. While they are nice together clowns will be fine without one. Plus anemones need a mature tank most suggest a tank that is at least 6 months to a year old.

ok thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom