Stocking a 2k gallon aquarium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To handle that much water at SPS reef quality with that many fish is going to take one big filter setup.

Last edited:
hey guys sorry We haven't responded

Sorry guys that we haven't responded since the forum was down, so we are back at step 1, because while the tank was cycling last week, we found ou that the main glass was separating from the backwalls:eek:, so we had to drain the tank, the light where resolved by getting 2 massive selc cooling LEDS like I had said in the previous post he's a club owner so he incorporated more than enough light power and light depth for reefing, they are by Chauvet and its the slim parc 56. The stocking we had plan to go with was the tang because they will grow and cover some mad space, the filter system needed a new pump I will update you guys and post pics, but also the skimmer was upgraded from a 6ftx5g to an 8ftx7g remember this is custom made so its not like I can tell you how they perform, in my honest opinion the project is great but the expense tally right now is easily past the 20k mark, and the tank is not even stocked with LR nor with LF or LS, since we had the problem with the glass, as of yesterday the glass was getting realigned, resealed, and the wait again for 48hrs, and then cycle the tank,:banghead::banghead::banghead:

img_2156470_0_cd1cf5adf9db66138802a995514f6478.jpg

cooling intake for the sump tank.

So are you only going to do tangs? Alot of them get ich really easy just be prepared for that.

Khij159753 said:
So are you only going to do tangs? Alot of them get ich really easy just be prepared for that.

That's mainly due to an undersized tank though which I don't think will be a problem here haha.

Mrc8858 said:
That's mainly due to an undersized tank though which I don't think will be a problem here haha.

I agree, this is a good tang tank. Lots of hidey holes and they will love it. This tank. Is long enough for them to really fly.

Tangs will do great in this tank sufficient space, and length to swim.
Clownfish will host on the plan of getting to massive 18in carpets.
Coral cat shark will add rareness to the tank
the massive LR aquascaped with the corals will add color
Coral list to cover the space:
4 10in leather corals
4x50 pounds of LR covered with Star polyps
3x20 pounds of LR covered in various zoas
4 XL yellow maroon clownfish (rare)
A humpback whale just for effect....lol (JK)
3 yellow tangs
3 blue tangs
1 XL lionfish
1 Japanese Puffer fish a.k.a (Fugu the customer is Japanese)
50 bumblebee snails
65 nassarius snails
40 mexican turbo snails

2 emperor angelfish
2 koran angelfish
1 yellow canary eel
8 mixed anthias
and yes we are still debating on more fish to fill that tank so ideas are always welcomed.

Looks like a pretty good list. I like the humpback, should really make the tank stand out ;) Be aware that a lionfish will eat anything that fits in it's mouth, like anthias.

--Adeeb

ML42 said:
Tangs will do great in this tank sufficient space, and length to swim.
Clownfish will host on the plan of getting to massive 18in carpets.
Coral cat shark will add rareness to the tank
the massive LR aquascaped with the corals will add color
Coral list to cover the space:
4 10in leather corals
4x50 pounds of LR covered with Star polyps
3x20 pounds of LR covered in various zoas
4 XL yellow maroon clownfish (rare)
A humpback whale just for effect....lol (JK)
3 yellow tangs
3 blue tangs
1 XL lionfish
1 Japanese Puffer fish a.k.a (Fugu the customer is Japanese)
50 bumblebee snails
65 nassarius snails
40 mexican turbo snails

2 emperor angelfish
2 koran angelfish
1 yellow canary eel
8 mixed anthias
and yes we are still debating on more fish to fill that tank so ideas are always welcomed.

How about an orbiculate batfish??!! They are so cool!! I don't see any puffers or triggers on the list, so one should work in that tank.

haha just tell him if he ever wants to get rid of the fish, to chuck a black tip in there hahaha.

but seriously you cant have a tank that big without achilles and naso tangs. Have about 5 of each and I would put in about 15 fu man chu lionfish hahaha that would be a cool sight

Back
Top Bottom