stocking a 33gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LittleParr

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is this a reasonable amount of fish for a 33gal?
2 perc clowns, 1 royal gramma, 1 kaudern cardinal, 1 yellowtail damsel, and 1 yellow watchman goby
There will be lots of lr and ls, as well as inverts, filtration and protein skimming

Full grown fish sizes:
2 perc clowns =2*3"=6"
1 royal gramma = 3"
1 kaudern cardinal = 3"
1 yellowtail damsel = 3"
1 yellow watchman goby = 3"

Total space needed = 18" of full grown fish * 5 gallons per inch of fish = 90 gallon tank.

In short, no.
I think the percs and the watchman goby would make a nice set. That pushes the 5 gallons per inch rule, but I think it's doable.

(source: http://www.liveaquaria.com/)

If you keep your PWC on time, as they should be, this would work out fine

2 perc clowns
1 royal gramma
1 yellow watchman goby

... and give you lots of color and life in the tank, with an added cleaner shrimp :) But I wouldn't tempt more.

Are you planning a sump or anything? To give you added water volume?

correct.

In my 30 gallon i'm thinking of:

Pair of clowns
Six Line Wrasse and
A Goby, Dartfish, Or Pseudochromis.

I've found the best thing is to look at a bunch of tanks around you size and see what other people have in them.

Your origianl list is not too bad. I do suggest not adding the damsel. That will help things out. They are pretty aggressive. I actually think everything else is doable.

I agree that I would not add the damsel because they are mean little things. Everything else is possible

I have heard just one kaudern cardinal doesn't do well on its own. Is this true, and assuming I can't add another fish to my list, what would be a colourful substitute?

Back
Top Bottom