STocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 30 gallon that's been up and running for about a year and half. I presently have 2 false percs and a red striped goby along with assorted snails & 2 shunk cleaner shrimp.

Our last addition will be a lemonpeel.

We initially wanted to add one other fish, before the lemonpeel, but recently got interested in Blue Chromis. Since they are school, I'm wondering if :
1) we can get 3 & still add the lemonpeel later, or would it be too overstocked?
2) Get only 2 chromis? but will 2 school or fight? And am I still overstocked?
3) Get only 1 Chromis, but will he be so unhappy . . .

The ones at my LFS are tiny, so I don't know big they get.

thanks for any info.

it sounds like you need to upgrade to a larger tank if you want all of those fish :), its supposed to be 1 inch of fish per gallon or something to that effect but then if you have a really dirty fish then its diffrent. but sounds like you will be overstocked if not already. more people should comment. good luck.

I agree, sounds like you have hit your limit. :cry: I tis always a good excuse to upgrade! :D

I think the lemonpeel is a great addition, but the school of chromis is just a bit too overboard. I've limited my 30g to 4 fish, seems like if there would be any more they would be in each others' faces too much.

Four fish was my initial idea, but the chromis at my lfs were so small i thought i could manage it. realize now that they get bigger than I thought. Not huge, but too big for a school in my tank.

What do you all think of getting one. Is it a bad idea to have him alone??

Also, any other ideas for a colorful addition, instead of the chromis?

The chromis can acheve sizes of 3" but more realisticly 1.5"

I have a pair and they dont fight. Chromis are basicly the most docile of saltwater fish.

Back
Top Bottom