Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2006, 02:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Stocking Advice

I'm wondering what my livestock limits should be for my tank. I would like a combination of fish, mobile inverts, corals, and a clam. My tank is 58gal with about 60lb LR, a bed of LS, and a BakPak skimmer. My lighting is very intense and there is plenty of circulation.
Current stock:

1 small clownfish (ocellaris)
1 golden hogfish (about 1.5" long)
soon to add a slightly larger Ocellaris
A large growth of Xenia (I am pruning it)
A cauliflower (?) soft coral
Two mushroom corals (discosoma)
A mystery SPS coral (probably Pavona)
1 fire shrimp
hermit crabs, emerald crabs, snails, dusters

What else is reasonable to add? Can I pull off an anemone at some point? How about additional corals? I wouldn't mind another smallish fish, but I am not dying for one.

Thanks for advice!

Old 03-10-2006, 08:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

You have room for more livestcok. Can you desribe your lighting system? Type of lamps and wattages f each? This will help in the recommendation of corals. If your tank is still new I suggest waiting a few months before trying to keep an anemone. You certainly have room for another one or two fish...look into the royal gramma, purple firefish, sixline wrasse or shrimp goby/pistol shrimp combo.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

My lighting is one 400W 20k MH, which I run for 6 hours per day. I also have 2 24w 50/50s that I run for two hours before and after the MH.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is a goo lighitng system. YOu should be able to keep to just about anything you wish. I would still wait on the anemone for a while if your tank is new. You might actualy see some photo-acclimation issues with some newly introduced corals due to the intense light.

Tags
stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com