Stocking and assorted questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

75gMKT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, it's been along time since I've posted but I'd like to get an idea on what to do. At this time I have a 75 Gal (obviously), been up for at least a year, and it currently has 2 fish inhabitants a perc clown and a royal gramma, as for inverts a pistol shrimp and assorted crabs (6) and sails(4) at last count. For a long time I had a firefish and a banded hi-fin shrimp goby, but i haven't seen them in some time so they are presumed dead :(. So I'm looking for ideas for a stocking list to complete my tank, I'm a big fan of shrimp so I'd like to have lots of those (numbers or variety). I'm open to ideas. There is plenty of rock work and Metal Halides are in the works for corals in the future. Also a question on my royal gramma it seems to be light in color or loosing it, yet it seems to swim fine and goes after food readily, so please help, sorry for the long post. Thanks.

What foods are you feeding anyway? The gamma color may be a food issue.

I had about 120lbs of live rock and kept the following skrimps (I can spell it right. It's more fun to say it that way though):

Mated pair of CBS, 3 cleaners, 3 fire, 1 pistol (and shrimp goby), and a handful of peppermint. I got lucky with no substantial turf issues and agression. Everyone had their own space it seemed.

Try a watchman goby for your shrimp this time. Maybe one with a little more size on him than the high-fin type. Also, look into blennies and gobies for next additions. Neat and amusing fish. How about 3 blue green chromis?

Gonna need maybe another 50 snails and 30 snails of various types IMO also. Assuming you got at least 75 lbs of rock or more?

Ur tank is suitable for alot of fish. I've been looking at fish for 75G and here are what i like best so far:

Sixline Wrasse
Yellow Tang
Purple Tang
Mimic Tang
Mandarin (wait til ur tank is established for a year)
Purple Firefish
Copperband Butterfly
A school of anthias
A school of chromis

Above are just options, im not saying u can have that many fish in 1 75G :D

Yeah, various tangs as long as you add them last. A group of chromis would be cool. A lawnmower blenny would be a nice addition along with a clown goby.

Maybe you could try a mandarin if you had a refugium or 100+ pounds of liverock in a well established tank. Even a dwarf angel of some kind might be cool. ( sorry for the over usage of cool! )

I presume you are planning on a community tank because those were options for one.

Lastly, maybe some kind of reef safe wrasse such as fairy wrasses or a sixline.

HTH but keep in mind you couldn't but all of this in one 75 gal.

Peace.

Can I keep all those inverts together without a problem? Because that would be cool cuz I really like shrimp. And I know for a fact that I have at least 100lbs of live rock if not 120 (it's been a while). Is there any other tangs that would be smart/safe to put in my tank?Thanks for all the replies, the more the better.

Here is a pic of my tangs
img_659512_0_d85ea394e9f88dc5577f3773d9dd6c87.jpg

Not too good of a pic sorry.

img_659512_1_15e94f9703c00230ef370c959f6ef1f6.jpg

Sail fin tang

img_659512_2_17744f143e1fa30cbc428ec236651f5f.jpg

Yellow tang

The sail fin needs to be in a 100+ but the other two would be a good addition.

Back
Top Bottom