Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-04-2011, 03:22 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yes.. heres a tip... dont put a blue tang in a 110

Old 05-04-2011, 04:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

about the whole 'if your fish is stressed it will get ich and die thing', ich doesn't just come out of thin air. unless it's introduced to your tank somehow, it doesn't matter how stressed your fish are, they won't get ich. they'll definitely die from sort of stress related illness, but unless it's dormant in your system, not ich.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
i think he got it point in the first 10 messages if he doesnt want to follow the advice of this websites seasoned members going on and on about it isnt going to change his mind
Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharklover View Post
Im not saying its not the answer i want cuz i did my research for like 3 months now and i saw a blue tang near full grown in 90g's and healthy dozens of times also i saw on many websites ranging the min from 65(way too small)to 125 and i avg'ed the sizes from like 8-9 sites,got 85 and 110 is much bigger i just wanted any experienced answer on if these fish will kill each other and again the yellow tang is smaller and about even in activity mabey even less so that will be fine and the rest obviously fit easilly so can some one give me any other advice on compatability or tips for these fish?

Like I said earlier, in these fishes case it isn't about how many gallons they need or anything about it. In the wild these fish are swimming freely in the open water column constantly, they need room to swim.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminalanarchy View Post
about the whole 'if your fish is stressed it will get ich and die thing', ich doesn't just come out of thin air. unless it's introduced to your tank somehow, it doesn't matter how stressed your fish are, they won't get ich. they'll definitely die from sort of stress related illness, but unless it's dormant in your system, not ich.
i would say ich lays dormant in at least 80% of our tanks and if it doesnt already chances are it willwhen you add the tang from the fish store..
Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.Sedore View Post
i would say ich lays dormant in at least 80% of our tanks and if it doesnt already chances are it willwhen you add the tang from the fish store..
you could be right. idk i've never seen any studies so whatever
Old 05-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow u ppl just wanna argue dnt u i just wanna no if these **** fish will get along!!!and dont worry about the tang he will have enough room,ive seen them at like 5inchs and healthy in 90's and 100's and y u guys keep sayin gallons dnt matter,r u retarded like wtf is goin through ur mind,obviously a 110g has bigger dimensions than a 90g or do u think it all comes out of nowere!can someone please give me a tip on if these fish will behave well together???
Old 05-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Or even on some special need or tip to keep them healthy?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:06 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

gallons does matter, but when it comes to swimming room, it sorta doesn't. You can have a 110+ gallon that is 3 feet wide, 1 feet deep, and 5 feet high, but that wouldn't be enough horizontal swimming area for a tang.

You can put a small tang in a 20g and it'll live for a short time but what matters is that it wouldn't be happy and will stress the fish out. Some tangs will SURVIVE in a small tank, but that might just be a strong fish, doesn't mean it'll always work out.

Everyone has been giving you special needs. 6' wide established tank.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow dude! Chill! If you don't want to hear an honest answer, why are you on here in the first place? They won't have to kill each other...you'll do it for them if you ignore all sorts of good advice from many of the most experienced aquarists on here.

55 gallon reef tank. AquaticLife 4-bulb T5 HO with 4 LED moonlights. Reef Octopus BH-1000 HOB protein skimmer. TLF Phosban Reactor 150 running 400ml of NPX Bioplastics with a Maxi-Jet 1100 and a BRS Reactor running activated carbon with a Maxi-Jet 900. Vortech MP10w.
MBliss81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reef, stocking, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com