STOCKING CONTEST FOR 126 Kudos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

first-timer89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am in much need for a List of compatable, reef safe fish and inverts for my new 75 gallon tank. Also it would help me a lot if suggestions were listed in order to add them in. Now I have a perc clown from a past tank in there alone. I am offering 126 Kudos and a nice thank you!!

:D

QuarryShark is just to good!!!

some general tips:

1. Add another clown. They should be kept in pairs to ensure long life.
2. Don't forget those bottom feeders! Watchman Gobys and Sand sifting Gobys, and starfish make wonderful and interesting additions.
3. Avoid preditors. Eels, Lions, groupers, puffers, are awsome fish, but don't make good neighbors. Avoid these fish and you will have a happy community.
4. Tangs are great, just be sure you have the room. 75 gallons can get a bit crowded and may or may not be a good place for a tang.
5. Small angels like flame angels and Coral Beauty angels are awsome, but should be kept only 1 in a tank and should be added last because of their semi-arggressive behavior. also, they have been know to pick at corals so be careful. ( they still make a wonderful "star attraction" so don't be to hessitant.
6. Avoid Damsels at all costs. I was in a pet store and I watched as a group of damsels bassically killed some clowns by nipping off all of their fins.

Here is a list of smaller, realitivly peaceful fish that I would encourage you to look at:

Ocellarius Clown
Yellow Watchman Goby
Firefish
Flame angel
Coral Beauty Angel
flame back angel
Six-Line Wrasse
Chromis

Check out these guys and their close cousins! You will find a large selection of great additions to your tank.

I dont know. I am looking for a wide range of inverts and lots of colors. But I still want the fish to be the focal point.

Back
Top Bottom