Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stlrockguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right now in my 55 I have 2 clowns and a scooter for fish. I'd like to put one more for a show piece but it has to be coral safe. Any thoughts

I have a 55 and have 2 clown
2 yellowtail damsels
1 purple dottyback
1 coral beauty
1 fire fish
1 sailfin tang
1 diamond goby
and then my clean up crew. I know the tank is busy but looks goods

I thought so also. They need at least 180 gallons and I'd want an 8 ft tank for it. I've thought about getting a yellow tang but I'm not sure about that either

Yeah I've heard at least at least a 6 foot for a yellow tang as would love one in my 4 foot tank

The place where I got the sailfin will buy it back when it get bigger, so got it for now

It will get stressed quickly in a tank that size though in my opinion as they need a lot of swimming room personally I would look at something that will be able to live its whole life in the tank you have but just my opinion

I like to keep any fish I buy unless unforeseen problems happen. I'd be the person that wouldn't want to get rid of my fish. But I'm upgrading to a larger tank soon. 180-220 gallon dt. Looking for an 8ft tank then I can keep any reef safe fish I want for the most part

Back
Top Bottom