Stocking List ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
For my 29 gallon with 22 pounds of lr I would like a coral beauty, percula clown, and my damsel that i already have. Don't worry, he's harmless. Do you think this would be ok or could I add another small fish like a blenny or goby. I like bi color blennies and lawnmower blennies but I think the lawnmower would get to big. It is a mature tank with plent of algae to go around. Also, do bi colors eat hair algae? Anything I should know? Does this sound like a godd list? TIA

The bi-color blenny would hang out on the rocks as the other 3 would swim out front. Depending on the type of goby, it's either gonna hang out at the sand bottom or on the rocks. Have you seen the neon blue goby, or is that what you're looking for in your nano? It's very small and will hang out on or near the rocks.

Bi-colors will not make a dent in your hair algae IMO. Gotta figure out the source of that. As you add fish and adjust your feeding, gotta watch your nitrates and phosphates. I think those will tell you how your fish load is doing and whether you can add more - along with the inch per gallon rule. Of course, consider that if your fish are small, they'll get larger. As the first 3 are QT'd and added, watch your water parameters, it'll tell you a lot.

How old is the tank? Substrate? Filtration?

I would stop at these three fish. The CB will max you out.
Keep that water quality good. :wink:

Scratch to CB, get two clowns, a blenny or goby, and you can keep your damsel (if you really want to keep him). CB would work... just how pleasureable that situation would be for the fish is what I'm concerned with. Is there plenty of room to dart in and through the rockwork?

Back
Top Bottom