Stocking my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JuanArti

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just sold some fish that out grew my tank and want to start over. At the moment I have a Tomato Clown in an anemone and they're doing fine. I'm going to add corals soon but also want a myriad of fish with personality and color. Any ideas?

I think a Orange Stripe Prawn Goby would be better and idk what wrasse to get. The only thing with gobys and wrasses is that theyre jumpers and I don't have a top.

I also have a 55 gallon with not a lot of fish. So far all I have are a pair of Ocellaris clowns and 3 chromis. Might be getting a dwarf angel.

I have a tiger jawfish and a six line wrasse. Only time my jawfish

I have a tomato clown and his huge anemone lmao. I was also thinking about getting a flame angel. I don't know what else to get tho..

55 gallon. No top. Six line wrasse is a constant swimmer. Tiger jawfish is cool too. He stays in his burrow constantly spitting sand. Thought he would jump once but that's because I had to move the rock he was under to trap a yellow damsel that had to go. I'll never get another damsel unless I want a fish nugget for dinner.

I haven't had good luck with jumpers my diamond goby jumped out and I woke up to him on the floor. Super sad because I really like him. I like the six line wrasse but I feel like he's to small.

Maybe get a lid? That would open up some possibilities given the bad experience. Smaller fish leave room for more fish. Just a thought.

I had a glass top but this didnt do to well because it wouldn't let the evaporated water pass and it was a mess. I did my first DIY project making 2 screens but they ended up being fat and not fitting under my lights.. Going to have to re do it lmao. I get what you mean :p

I've had a dwarf lion for a few weeks and he's awesome! Safe for the reef and is ok for 55 gallon as he doesn't swim much. Feeding is a bit of an issue if he won't accept frozen (mine wont) so i have to feed him live for now.

Attachments

• lion.JPG
    lion.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 60
CubanReefer thanks man. I'm also Cuban btw. This is what I made yesterday but it's to thick to fit under my lights. A for effort tho. I'm going to buy the DIY kit now. Thanks! Here's a pic of my creations..

Attachments

• image-8889675.jpg
    image-8889675.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 63
Chin your lion looks awesome definitely getting one ASAP. Do you think he'll eat my tomato clown?

Chin your lion looks awesome definitely getting one ASAP. Do you think he'll eat my tomato clown?

Not if the tomato clown is regular size. I have a clownfish in my tank that is still a baby and he hasn't touched it. The Lion will eat any fish that fits in its mouth but if it's too big he just leaves it be.

Yeah my little guy is regular size about 3 inch he's also hosting a GBTA so I doubt the lion fish will attack him.

Back
Top Bottom