stocking prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spuds

Aquarium Advice Newbie
for a pretty average 40 gal tank, what would teh total stocking bill cost aprox?(Including corals fish inverts live rock/sand) Not asking for anything real specific, just opinion form expereince

That is far too vauge to get a good answer to. It could cost several hundred dollars to stock a 40 gal reef.

Agree with the others. To many options. Same as saying I want a car, how much are they.
Give us a idea of some fish you are looking at or just check out prices on liveaquaria.com, saltwaterfish.com, fishsupply.com, etc.

37 gal reef.

corals....180(about 60% done)
Inverts .....200
Fish........100
sand.......50(can cut cost by finding argonite play sand)
Live rock....50 lbs @ 3.99 a LB = 250+ after tax.(again can cut cost by making your own rock out of argonite sand and concrete)

So I spent about 780. All of my fish are smaller so naturally they are about half the price of say a flame angel or blue tang.

I picked up a lot of frags to cut cost. Also I have mainly cheaper corals, there are certainly a few not-so-cheap SPS corals I have been looking at but the wallet is the main factor.

This also does not factor in a few sick fish I purchased from a BAD lfs. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom