Stocking question for 55g...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyD918

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone! I think I'm getting ready to upgrade to a 55g tank and I was wondering if I could put some more fish other than my 2 clownfish, blue damsel, and yellowtail damsel? I also have a bubble anemone , 2 emerald carbs, a handful of each B/L and R/L hermits, a handful of assorted snails, and 3 cleaner shrimp. So any inputs would be appreciated.

Hey everyone! I think I'm getting ready to upgrade to a 55g tank and I was wondering if I could put some more fish other than my 2 clownfish, blue damsel, and yellowtail damsel? I also have a bubble anemone , 2 emerald carbs, a handful of each B/L and R/L hermits, a handful of assorted snails, and 3 cleaner shrimp. So any inputs would be appreciated.

Yep! You could add more fish. What fish were you thinking of?

Nope I havent looked at anything yet, just know I won't be able to get any tangs which if eventually i'll have a a 125g tank, I'll check that link to see if anything pops out at me. Thanks for the quick responses :thanks:

I really like the colors of the lemonpeel angelfish and the purple dottyback. But it says that the dottybacks are semi-aggressive and their not on the compatibility chart unless their a version of the damsel... What say ya'll?

If you are planning on a reef tank the angel may nip corals. :-(

But it's a really great fish otherwise.

Ya I seen that on the description after I posted it. I would like a larger sized fish that will be happy in a 55g tank. I'll keep looking and if you have fish in mind just let me know and I'll look into them. Also, do you know anything about the Purple Dottyback?

Dottybacks are aggressive fish. If you get one, add it to the tank last. I had A Diadem Dottyback in the past, such a cool fish!

It'll be a covered top whenever I get it. I just like really really bright colored fish, just soothing and calming to me lol. Aren't Wrasse's not good for corals to?

I like the Cleaner Common Wrasse, and the Whip Fin Fairy Wrasse's very colorful and i think they would look awesome under my blue LED's

I like the Cleaner Common Wrasse, and the Whip Fin Fairy Wrasse's very colorful and i think they would look awesome under my blue LED's

The Cleaner Wrasse may not be a good idea becuase their main food source in the wild is cleaning fish of parasites, which is hard to replicate in the aquarium. It is possible they can stress fish too because they always want to clean them.

Fairy Wrasses are great fish! I love the Scott's Fairy Wrasses!:)

What about Butterfly fish? i know the Copperband Butterfly is hard to feed, are all Butterfly fish this way?

Not all are super hard to feed. Here is one classified as "Easy"
Auriga Butterflyfish

This one isn't reef safe though. It seems to me I read in a magazine that there were one or two Butterflies that were reef safe.

looks like I'll just scrap the idea of getting a Butterfly... Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom