Stoking ideas?:D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm goin to get a 20 gallon saltwater tank soon. I'm going to start I as a FOWLR tanks first then start adding corals as I progress. My dad is heartset on a yellow tang, but I told him the tank is way way way too small. We both love fish with brightcolors. My stocking ideas so far are

1 clown
1 blue damsel

Any ideas for fish that would work well in a 20g? Preferably ones with brighter colors. Thanks!!!

Greenturtle said:
Blue damsels can get aggressive over time.

Agreed and also very hard to catch once rock is all set up maybe try pj cardinals or there are some nice chromis available if you take the time to look for them

Damsels are very pretty but are not a good choice in with other fish. Since your dad likes the color of the yellow tang how about this goby http://www.live aquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+31+1441&pcatid=1441 I can't think of anything as blue as the damsel to put in a tank.

Stay away from damsels, especially in a small tank. They get mean and can chase other fish around till they die. I've seen it before in my old 100g FOWLR I had. A 5 dollar damsel chased around a 60 dollar butterfly till it stressed out so much it died. You could prob get away with 2 occelaris clowns and a goby, blenny, dart fish or wrasse. Most reef safe wrasses only get to be 3 inches and are some of the most beautiful fish in the aquaria industry.

Back
Top Bottom