Stomatellas spawning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know how stomatellas spawn? I was cooking dinner and from across the room I saw a bunch of puffs of "smoke" like stuff spouting out from different places. So I ran over and saw a bunch of stomatellas (I have huge ones) all out in the open during daylight which is rare for mine and they were all puffing away into the water. Then they all stopped at once and went on their merry way back into hiding. Definitely the coolest thing to witness!

It was all at one time. But the only fish in there are two anglers and two chromis. No one bothers anything. Except the anglers annoy the zoas because they perch on them. But could it be them spawning? It seemed coordinated. I wish I'd taken a video.

I'm sure it's also a survival thing when being harassed :). I know exactly what your talking about, it's super cool to see. I just know that when it happened to mine it was being harassed by a neon damsel.. :)

Back
Top Bottom