Storing Frozen Mysis Cubes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCXGT

Aquarium Advice Addict
So since I'll only be using like a quarter of a cube per week, I was trying to think of a way to store the unused portion.

Could I just wrap it in cling film and stick it back in the freezer?

How do you guys go about doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I keep them in a tupperware container with a razor blade, i cut what I need, snap it shut and thrown it back in the freezer..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I keep them in a tupperware container with a razor blade, i cut what I need, snap it shut and thrown it back in the freezer..

Do they not get freezer burn?

Mehhh.. maybe after a week.. i usually go through them fats enough feeding 4 tanks..

plastic wrap is fine in freezer but I'd be weary of the razor blade leaching out rust and stuff

plastic wrap is fine in freezer but I'd be weary of the razor blade leaching out rust and stuff

I've been using the same one for a year, does have a spot of rust here and there.. maybe time for a stainless steel piece.. I'm not talking sw though..

I simply pop one out of the packaging and cut it in half. Throw the unused half back into the plastic and don't even cover it.

Won't it stink out the freezer like that?

Won't it stink out the freezer like that?

If your power fails for over 24hrs.. pl most likely.. they really don't give off an odor when properly frozen.

Back
Top Bottom