Storing salt water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK I mixed my water and produced a ton extra with my cheap little temporary RO machine (an eBay model is en route). The extra FW I'll keep in some bottles, but is it ok to pre-mix salt water and store it in jugs for water changes? Is there a "shelf-life" for SW stored in bottles?

I ask this latter question because I keep reading about the importance of bubbling the water, etc., while it is brewing. Storing it up would mean just having to warm it a bit (and test SG and pH, of course) before doing water changes.

BTW, I'm beginning to calm down a bit. I'll probably only start 2-3 new topics per week soon, instead of per day.

Got room for a 32g rubbermaid trash can w/lid? A heater and PH easily fits in there. Got Euf for changes or any emergency that may come up.

Not sure about how the water could airate prior to using with small openings on bottles. I was advised to open even my trash can lid for a couple of hours before using.

My spare water container always has a ph and heater running it in also. That way it is ready to go straight into my tanks if needed.

Back
Top Bottom