Straight Up Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How big is the tank and where is the Anemone going to sit? These ave higher light requirements...4-5 watts/gallon. What type of bulbs? Actinic? 50/50? 10,000K?

While we are on this ... Can you place one under a 8 bulb fixture t5 Ho 48" fixture? Tank is a 60 gal?

It is a nova pro extreme 48" t5 Ho fixture with led moonlights. The stock was one big reflector but I replaced it and it is now have each bulb individually reflected... One of the ballast just went out so there is only 6 bulbs currently working. Get this... I got it off of crags list for $120. It retails for like $500 I think.

Yeah i believe it's 2 years old. Still everything is working good. I underestimate how strong the light was.. I just added a hammer coral and placed him mid way up... It starred to bleach him a little. I moved him all the way to the bottom of the tank.

my lfs has a few nems running with two 18watt pc.
And they have been there for over 6 months looking nice and healthy

Im amateur so dont take my word for it but my lfs has this setup in one of his display tanks.
He keeps saying that i can do the same but i dont trust myself with nems yet as im not advanced enough yet. Im concerned about the nem stinging my other corals as i dont know what is compatible with what yet.

If he can do it i dont see why not any one else cant do it.

Maybe you can try a buld nem or a long tentacle which require less light. Place them up high and they will move lower if its too much light. If that works then you can get a sebae nem.

Tube Anemones require low lighting, maybe start with this

hakan said:
Maybe you can try a buld nem or a long tentacle which require less light. Place them up high and they will move lower if its too much light. If that works then you can get a sebae nem.

Tube Anemones require low lighting, maybe start with this

Long tentacle anemone require a deep sand bed of at least 3" or more they like to have there foot base in sand,

There's lots of web sites with great info on just anemone, sorry I forgot there names. but you can google it ( anemone care) they are great to have but require lots of attention.

IMO : I would just get stronger lighting and go from there ;-)

IMO : I would just get stronger lighting and go from there ;-)

I agree. If you're doubting your lights, and others responded to your question doubting your lights, why make the nem an experiment? Just get the proper lighting if you'd like to keep one. Otherwise, there are plenty of nem-looking corals with lower light requirements.

Well he's at the very top of my tank and seems fine
I'll post some pics soon when I find my camera :p

he's there for a reason, any lower and it's not enough light for him. Watch your water changes so as not to let him hit air and as your lights slowly wear out he's not gonna be happy either.

I have 2 under an 8 T5 in a 90.. both hang in the bottom third.. It's not width that matters, it's depth

Back
Top Bottom