Strange find...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today I woke up and saw the skeloton of a crab on my LR... It was red... now I never owned a red crab that I know of besides my hermit. I don't think my hermit moved last night besides when he went from the back of the LR to the corner of the tank.... It is possible that he molted when I wasn't paying attention but he sure was quick about it because he went right back into his shell. I don't think I had any other red crabs of his size in teh tank... just a emerald and a few porceleans that are tiny. Hermits molt right? Also the claw appeard black... maybe just because it was dead. You could kinda see his spots on the skeleton and it totally crumbled when I scooped it out... at first I thought my trigger got to something when I wasn't looking although since I have had him the only time he ever attacks an invert is if I drop them from kinda high up because he thinks I am droping food. After that he doesn't bother them at all.

It was amazingly fast if he did because I saw him at night and didn't see the shell although I didn't look and in the morning it was there.

Back
Top Bottom