strange growth on my frag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the sane thing on my zoa frag. Dont think its anything bad. It kinda looks like long purple hair

I looked at some photos of feather duster worms and these don't look like that but maybe they are in the beginning of growth ?

I looked at some photos of feather duster worms and these don't look like that but maybe they are in the beginning of growth ?

Feather dusters should have a tube and then a small feathery looking appendage that comes out and retracts back into the tube. Stringy doesn't sound like feather dusters. Try and get a picture

Defintely not that haha at least with mine. Ill take a picture when i get home. Im going coral shopping! =D

Do they have a color to them? Could be algae starting.....My frag plugs are like algae magnets sometimes lol

I can its pretty noticable on mine. Actually looks kinda cool

Here you can see some of those purple hairs but im kinda freaked out cus idk wtf those worm looking things are! Does anyone know if thats normal cus im kinda freaked out! Gunna make a post about it now!

Attachments

• image-2828348605.jpg
    image-2828348605.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 91
Here you can see some of those purple hairs but im kinda freaked out cus idk wtf those worm looking things are! Does anyone know if thats normal cus im kinda freaked out! Gunna make a post about it now!
Looks like cyno.

Get a turkey baster and suck that red slime algae out of the coral.I see one tube that looks like a spaghetti worm.

Back
Top Bottom