Strange observations in QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well after getting ALL my fish in QT I have noticed some very strange behaviour, I have a Strawberry Gramma and a Royal Gramma that are the best of friends. Swimming around all day, once in a while they will come up nose to nose and just slide on by one another.

Also my Coral beauty Angel and my Flame angel (the ick culprit) just swim around like they are the best of friends. When I put them together in the 100+ they fought for almost a whole day, chasing each other.

Now my F. Percula's are another story, 3 of them get along just fine, but the 4th is kinda like charlie brown, "why is everybody always picking on me?" the other 3 kept the 4th hiding in a pvc pipe for 3 days.

I have seen no more signs of ick and all seem to be going good. Just have 7 weeks more to go. :roll:

justmy2cents said:

I have seen no more signs of ick and all seem to be going good. Just have 7 weeks more to go. :roll:

We'll be coming out of it at the same time. Glad things are going well for you. Its no fun. :(

Hang in there guys! It's gonna be worth it in the end (y)

Yea, tell me about it, lost a 45.00 Regal tang. :roll: and I'm not sure it was the ick that got him. I think it might have been system shock. I keep all my tanks at 1.025 and put them in my QT and started slowley dropping the sg, well in 24 hrs he was dead. I am now using Coppersafe. with nothing in my display I have paid it no mind in a week, I started checking the sg yesterday and it was at 1.029. So my tang went from 1.029 to 1.021 (that's as far as I took it) in 24 hrs. NEVER again. I will QT all Fish. I will qt all fish, I will qt all fish. (gotta drill that into my head).

The only problem I have is I had to tear down my 46 gal to make it a QT. got all my rock and as much of the sand as I could out and into the display tank. Now my display looks like a rock garden. :roll: , My plexiglass dividers for my sump didn't work properly so at some point I have to take it down and fix it, but not till for 7 more weeks.

I had a flame spread mahem and disease in my tank too. Think I'm gonna pass on dwarf angels for a while.

Bravo Gerald. I learned my lesson about qt after my velvet fiasco back in Jan. This is my second go around. Darn live sand brought it in, can you believe it?
This go around took a clown before I could remove them all and one of my Scotters passed yesterday, I think from the shock of the move. He just stopped eating.
Everyone else is doing super...knock on wood.

I feel your pain guys! My ich bout claimed a clown, yellow tang, and my idol died in the qt. You cant help but wonder..... :|

I am glad everything is going well for you guys, and the qt process is well under way. Hey qshark how are you treating this go around? I thought I remembered you saying you wasnt going to use the copper this time.

Anyway sorry for your losses.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi Rev.
Nope, I'm using hypo , don't want to nuke them again.
Spots are gone, looks good so far. Bit of a PH battle, but no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom