Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-15-2004, 10:25 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
strange symbiotic relationship...?

Well, I have a pretty interesting thing going on in my tank. I got a clarkii clown about a month and a half ago and always wanted a pair, so I got another about a month ago. The first clown I got is hosting a condy anenome that is plenty big enough for two clowns, but he insisted on not sharing it with the new guy. Unfortunatly, the first clown began picking on the new one and started chasing him under a low rock whwere my blood shrimp hangs out. This blood shrimp never usually comes out for anything and doesn't like fishy intruders under his rock much, especially new ones. But he didn't chase this guy out. Strangely, despite getting picked on by the first clown, the new one is doing very well and is eating and is very energetic. The strange thing about this situation is that once the new clown has his share of food, he takes food down to the shrimp and spits it out right in front of him, just as a clown would do to his anenome.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?

Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
That is awesome!

one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish- Dr. Seuss
Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:23 PM   #3
My clarkiis spit food in their cave they hide in. Mabye thats what hes doing and the shrimp is just hangign out there anyways? Either way it's pretty cool.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:17 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
Yeah, maybe that's it. It's good for me because I get kinda worried when the blood shrimp doesn't eat for days...then again, I've had him the longest out of anything in my tank...
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 04:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Kohan Bros.
neat thats sweet
I love the Grateful dead
Kohan Bros. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 05:54 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
thats so cool. Although I gotta say that if my friend spit food at me, I would probibly think twice about eating it.

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote

bio, strange

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com