Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-28-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Strange watchman behavior

I picked up a new diamond watchman from the LFS the other day. I don't have aggressive fish in the tank, but he insists on skimming the top, the jumps into my overflow box (it's a BeanAnimal overflow box, pix can be seen in my album). He's in no danger in the box, but it would be nice to have him find the pistol shrimp in the tank and pair up. Every time I put him in the tank, he goes right back into the overflow and chills out.

Has anyone else seen this behavior from their goby? Does he just need more time? I'm thinking of grabbing an additional pistol shrimp tomorrow and letting them pair up, even though there's already one in the tank.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:57 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Stress of the move. Block it off if you can to make it go somewhere else. It just knows that place is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I figured that was the case. I can put some plastic screentop on it, just worried that if he tries to make his leap in while I'm not around, he'll be stuck on the plastic.

Guess it's a risk I'll have to take...

Tags
behavior, strange

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com