Strangest Thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Just the other day I was at my LFS and I saw the strangest thing.. They were selling bristle worms.. I was actually thinking of buying some.. Would it be a good investment to do so since i just changed my cc to a DSB?

If the tank was "sterile" from lack of added sources such as LR it might be an idea but if you have LR, the fauna from there will quite quickly colonize the new sand. If that's the case, it would be a waste of money. Bristleworms are actually quite prolific... :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Only problem is..I haven't really seen any bristle worms in my tank...I've seen maybe 2 in the past few months and that was because for some odd reason my coral banded has aquired a taste for them...

Quite natural for the CBS, they eat a wide variety of critters but I doubt it will be able to deplete them

To quote fishfreek, "if you've seen one, you most likely have hundreds". Even with the bristle worms you will find they are much more active at night that during daylight hours. How much rock is in the 55?

Cheers
Steve

I would say i have roughly 50lbs of LR in there now..I keep adding pieces as i come acrossed some that look decent...there's like at least 6 LFS within a 20min. radius of my home.

gotz_potential said:
I would say i have roughly 50lbs of LR in there now.
Quite honestly I wouldn't be concerned then. I would be fairly confidant you have a good population, they're just not readily visible.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom