STRESSED OUT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
lost power again last night at 3 am so i thought i sleep and things would be ok well wake up and one or both puffers threw up their food which has trashed the water bad im running a generator so wish me luck hope all pull threw not getting power till 2am if were lucky

Good thing you have the generator.. hope everything pulls through.

My situation isnt as dire as yours, but I lost power last night too and because I had my outlet sitting too far down in my tank it back siphoned my sump full then spilled about 30 gals of water on my floor. Luckily I had some water already mixed for a change so getting the tank up and running again was no big deal. My carpet need a good cleaning anyway.

Good luck with your power Keith

ARRRGGG!!!!

After using my premix to fill my tank back up I turned on my RO to refill my container. I dont have an auto shut off and I went home without turning off my RO. 2 days in a row Im having to clean up spilled water.

Sorry to hear you guys are having such bad luck...everything will turn around. Just think it could have been a lot worse :wink:

thanks all !! well one loss :-( my yellow tang couldnt hang :-( had him for a long time to ! ya know till ya lose power ya take for granted how much ya use it heheh
even though i knew i didnt have power would ya think i wouldnt try to turn lights on when i walked into a room ??? lolol not me :) or tried to plug in my dremel and use it hehehe

I dont have an auto shut off and I went home without turning off my RO. 2 days in a row Im having to clean up spilled water.

hehehe that happens to me all the time :)

When i turn on the RO to refill the sump I force myself to sit there watching it until it fills to the line. Otherwise I'll forget it's going and wander around....

Sorry for your loss SS, hope yougot your power back on

I force myself to sit there watching it until it fills to the line

8O I usually do 50 gals at a time, so sitting and watching would be hard to do 8O

Well if that was the case, I would force myself to install a float switch with a level sensor and shutoff.

Or, if you typically know how long it takes to fill, set the timer on your stove or microwave so at least it can remind you to look.

Jim

The tub I fill with RO is in the basement, 2 feet from the floor drain. When I forget my RO is on (which is often :? ) it doesn't make much of a mess cause it's so close to the drain. I've got a rather low volume RO filter, i think 25 gallons/day... so watching isn't really an option lol.

I don't know how fast a typical RO makes water but if I watched mine, it would be like watching paint dry. I put mine in the furnace room too since there is a drain in the floor. :)

Back
Top Bottom